PROF. DR. DAVI P. HAJE - Curriculum
Davi Haje, MD, PhD, received his medical degree from University of Brasilia, Brazil, and completed his orthopaedic residency at Hospital de Base do Distrito Federal, Brasília; His pediatric orthopaedics and disorders of the foot fellowship was completed at Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirão Preto da Universidade de São Paulo (USP), where he also concluded his doctorate in orthopaedics (PhD). Since 2005 he is medical staff member of the Centro Clínico ORTHOPECTUS (Clinical Center ORTHOPECTUS) and of the Hospital de Base do Distrito Federal in Brasília, DF, Brazil, where he is a residence instructor on pediatric orthopaedics, foot disorders and chest /spine deformities.. Since 2012 he is the director and responsible for ORTHOPECTUS after his father, Dr Sydney Haje, passed away.
His research interests include skeletal growth disturbances, pectus deformities, spinal and limb anomalies, biomaterials (bovine bone screws) and disorders of the foot and ankle. Dr Davi Haje and especially his father Dr. Sydney Haje received international attention for the pectus non-surgical treatment method ( braces and exercises) and other researchs in this field. Dr. David Haje enhanced the DCC (Dynamic Chest Compressor), creating an adjustable version of it (called DCCA), and introduced association of treatments of vacuum bell and Haje’s method for cases of of pectus excavatum. It also created the BKB (Brasilia’s Kyphosis Brace) used to severe kyphosis associated or not to pectus. In his doctoral thesis at the USP (University of São Paulo) he developed bovine bone screws, making unique experiences in this field. He was also one of the first doctors in the world to treat clubfoot in older children (neglected) with the Ponseti method.
Date of Birth: July 15, 1976
Place of Birth: Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brasil
Graduation (Medicine): Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Brasilia - Brasilia, DF - July 1993 to June 1999
MEDICAL RESIDENCY (first to third years): orthopedics and traumatology– In Hospital de Base do Distrito Federal - January 2000 to December 2002
MEDICAL RESIDENCY (fourth and fifth years): PEDIATRIC ORTHOPEDIC and SURGERY OF ADULT FOOT AND ANKLE: in Hospital das Clinicas de Ribeirão Preto (Medical School), University of São Paulo (USP) - 2003-2004
Doctorate degree (PhD) IN ORTHOPEDIC AND TRAUMATOLOGY - University of São Paulo (USP) - Defence Thesis: December 2004
– MEMBER HOLDER OF the BRAZILIAN ASSOCIATION OF MEDICINE AND ANKLE AND FOOT SURGERY (ABTpé)
– MEMBER HOLDER of the BRAZILIAN SOCIETY OF PEDIATRIC ORTHOPEDIC
– COMMITTEE MEMBER OF PEDIATRIC SOCIETY OF BRAZILIAN - Orthopedics and traumatology - REGIONAL FEDERAL DISTRICT - SINCE 2005
– STANDING COMMITTEE MEMBER AND ANKLE OF BRAZILIAN SOCIETY OF ORTHOPEDIC AND TRAUMATOLOGY - REGIONAL FEDERAL DISTRICT
– PRECEPTOR of RESIDENCE IN PEDIATRIC ORTHOPEDIC, ADULT FOOT AND SPINE/THORACIC DEFORMITIES IN Base Hospital of the Federal District - SINCE 2005.
– LECTURES or poster presentation AT CONFERENCES AND MEETINGS:
in Brazil: mais de 100
in Argentina: 3
in Italy: 2
in Spain: 1
in Colombia: 1
in Denmark: 1
In United States of America: 3
PARTICIPATION IN CONVENTIONS, CONFERENCES AND COURSES: over 100
1. Haje DP. (2014). Deformities of the anterior chest wall. In: Fundamentals of Orthopaedics and Traumatology. Volpon JB. Sao Paulo. Publisher Atheneu. P.300-304 (book chapter).
2. Calegaro J, C Silveira, Haje DP, Sayago M, Landa D ,. Mengatti J and Paula AP. (2014) Comparison of the effect of knee synovectomy in haemophilic Patients with 153Sm- and 90Y -labelled hydroxyapatite 1 year after. Haemophilia. 1-6.
3. Haje DP. (2013) Neglected Idiopathic Clubfoot Bilateral Successfully Treated with the Ponseti Method - A Case Report JBJS Case Connector. Vol d 3, N d 1, 1-3.
4. Haje DP. (2013). Obituary. Dr. Sydney Haje Abram. J Pediatr Orthop, v33, n7, e67-68.
5. Haje DP (2012). Obituary. Dr. Sydney Haje Abram. Rev Bras Ortop, v47, n4 526-527.
6. Haje SA, Haje DP, Martins GEV, Ferrer MG (2011) The spine lateral bending and the dynamic chest compression principles for concomitant orthotic treatment of scoliosis and pectus deformities (The principles of lateral tilt of the spine and dynamic compression of the chest for treatment orthotic concomitant scoliosis associated with pectus deformities). Column / Columna; Vol10 (4): 293-9. (Online)
7. DP Haje, Haje SA (2011). Foot metatarsus varus. In: Orthopaedics - Tests and diagnosis. Hebert Sizinio, Alimena Luiz. Porto Alegre: Artmed Publisher. P. 411,416.(book chapter)
8. Haje DP (2011). Congenital vertical talus foot. In: Orthopaedics - Tests and diagnosis. Hebert Sizinio, Alimena Luiz. Porto Alegre: Artmed Publisher. P. 425-430.(book chapter)
9. Haje DP et al (2011). Synovectomy by 153samarium-hydroxyapatite in ankles and elbows in Patients with hemophilic arthropathy (Synovectomy with samarium hydroxyapatite ankles and elbows hemophiliacs). Revista ABTPé. 5 (1). P. 28-35.
10. Haje, DP et al (2010) Orthopaedic Evaluation of Children with Severe Haemophilia A and B Submitted to Primary Prophylaxis in the Coagulopatie Treatment Center. Haemophilia (2011), 17, 228-232.
11. Haje SA, Haje DP, Silva Neto M, Cassia GS, Baptist RC, Oliveira GRA, Mundim TL (2010) pectus deformities: tomographic analysis and clinical correlation. Skeletal Radiology, Vol 39/8:. 773-782. Online.
12. Haje SA, Haje DP (2009) orthopedic approach to pectus deformities: 32 years of studies (Orthopaedic approach to pectus deformities: 32 years of studies) Brazilian .Revista of Orthopedics; Vol 44/3: 193 200. Online.
13. Haje SA, Haje DP (2009) Thorax and Scapular waist. In Hebert, S.K .; Barros Filho T.E.P ..; Xavier, R .; Pardini Jr. A. G. - Orthopedics and Traumatology: Principles and Practice. 4th ed. Porto Alegre: Artmed Publisher, p. 147-165.(book chapter)
14. Haje, S.D., J.B Volpon, C.A Moro. (2009) Bovine Bone Screws: Metrology and Effects of Chemical Processing and Ethylene Oxide Sterilization on Bone Surface and Mechanical Properties. Journal of Biomaterials Applications. V. 23, n. 5 p.452.
15. Haje SA, Haje DP, JB War, Petrenko Jr AG (2008) inclined Bracing of continuous use and exercise for the treatment of idiopathic scoliosis: a new proposal. Day and night bending brace and exercises for treatment of idiopathic scoliosis: a new proposal. Brasilia Med; 45 (1): 10-20.
16. Haje SA, Haje DP (2007) Conservative treatment and rehabilitation of patients with pectus deformities: A 29 years experience (Non-surgical treatment and rehabilitation of Patients with pectus deformities: 29 years experience). Rehabilitation Medicine, vol 26/1: 1-6.
17. Haje, S.D., Thomazini J., Volpon, J.B. (2007) Effects of chemical processing, sterilization with ethylene oxide and machining bovine bone screws: study with scanning electron microscopy. Journal of Orthopedics, v42, n.4, p.120.
18. Haje SA, Haje DP (2006) Overcorrection During treatment of pectus deformities with orthoses DCC: experience in 17 cases. International Orthopaedics (SICOT), 2006, vol. 30/4: 262-267. Online.
19. Haje, SEM .; Volpon, J.B. (2006) Development of bovine bone screws: machining method and metrological study with profile projector. Acta Orthopaedic, v. 14, no. 2, p. 87-91.
20. Haje, SEM .; Haje, S.A .; Porto, A.O .; Silva, C.F.V. (2005) Suture percutaneous Achilles tendon by Ma and Griffith technique modified: evaluation of results. Brazilian Orthopedics journal, v.40, n. 4, p. 162-174.
21. Haje, S.D., C.F.V. Silva (2004) usual hip dislocation in children: a case report and literature review. Jornal de Ortopedia Pediátrica, Vol. 5, no. 1, p. 38-43.
22. Haje DP, Haje SA, Simioni MA. (2002) Prevalence of pectus carinatum deformities and pectus excavatum in students in the Federal District. Prevalence of pectus carinatum and pectus excavatum deformities in scholars of the Federal District, Brazil. Brasilia Medical vol. 39 (1/4): 10-15.
1. "infectious complications postoperatively correlated with the function of phagocytes" (co-author). Presented at the Medical Day Commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the HUB, from 27 to 29 August 1997.
2. "Prevalence of pectus carinatum chest deformities and pectus excavatum between school of Brasilia". Presented at the Sixth Congress of Brasilia Medical and VI Health Fair in Brasilia, from 19 to 22 August 1999.
3. Winner of the Annual Award of the Brazilian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology - SBOT - Professor Award Dr. Gastao Veloso - because of the best research work of the Brazilian Orthopedics in 2005. Award received in Vitória-ES, in the 37th Brazilian Congress of SBOT: Development of bovine bone screws: effects of chemical processing and the making of threads in some mechanical and structural aspects. "